Advice for drilling perfect holes - mobile drill guide/press, spirit level etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am putting up a lot of shelving in the near future and cannot rely on my hand drill skills alone to make the holes straight.

Can anyone suggest what the best solution might be please?

I have seen drill guides and spirit level attachments for drills and was just wondering what the best advice is?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry - yes, I will drilling in to a regular inside wall to put up a combination of floating and fixed bracket shelving.

I don't know if they still make them, but at one time Ryobi used to make corded SDS drills with a spirit level built in to overcome just your problem. I used to own one. Not brilliant by the standards of my current Makita cordless SDS but still a lot better than the average DIY combi drill IMHO

Sponsored Links
You can try drilling initially with a smaller bit (on hammer) then enlarging the hole to the right size with the correct size bit not on hammer. Takes a while though!

Practice.................or get someone over the age of 50 who knows DIY.

As the younger generation have not got a clue.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back