Advice for fitting Door canopy shield anchor problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm new to the site and can see excellent information here :)
I'm a keen diyer but have got myself in a bit of a stick.

I have a door canopy, similar to the one at this link
here

The brackets each have a top and bottom fixing, they came with 8mm bolt type shield anchors, the top fixings are larger, they are 90mm length, the bottom is 60mm length. This is due to the plastic bracket has 20mm to 30mm housing for the top fixing. The instruction told me to drill with 13mm drill hole, which I have done but I didn't realise I had to drill the hole length exact and the length is more longer. The shield anchors are going round and round in the hole.

I'm now at this situation and need some advice, I'm not sure which way I should progress with, should I try nylon plugs instead?. I have four 13mm holes in the concrete wall. I'm also thinking I may need larger diameter shield anchor, maybe a 10mm or 12mm, wouldn't there be alot of margin between 8mm anchor and 13mm hole?

Thanks[/b]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Stick a pencil in the hole and use it to measure the depth, deduct the depth you need from what it is and hammer in a piece of 13mm dowel or timber cut to that dimension to reduce depth to that stated.
Also use a drill to spin the bolts home if loose helps create friction and initial bite before finishing by hand.

Thanks foxhole, I made a mistake, they are sleeve anchors, not shield anchors. I'll try out your suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back