advice for fixing guitar wall hanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've bought a hanger to fix on the wall which i then can hang my guitar on, like you get in a shop. Its got two holes for screws but annoyingly these werent supplied.

What length of screw is it advisable to use? ill be using a wall/rawl plug too cos its going in brick walls. Its an electric guitar btw, not sure how heavy it is though.

Thanks
Rich

Sponsored Links
oh ok is there not a recommended length depending on the weight of what you are screwing in?

oh ok is there not a recommended length depending on the weight of what you are screwing in?

Well there's no point in it being much longer than the plug, and there's equally little point in it being shorter than the plug.

As long as it fills the plug completely once through whatever you're fixing, it'll be fine. Unless your guitar is heavy enough to be difficult to carry, two red plugs (or similar size, 5-6mm) will be quite sufficient.

Sponsored Links
A 40mm screw should suffice , but check the hole style, might require a countersunk screw or a pan head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back