Advice for Wall-mounting a towel rail

S

snadge

I have to wall mount a towel rail in place of old rad in kitchen - the pipes need to be about 1 foot apart and old pipes are 1 meter and not in walls - when i channel them up into wall is it best to keep pipes in some form of trunk to allow movement as to fit on to new rail easy? - when putting pipes into the wall is there any regs i need to be aware of or do they have to been covered with something in particular?

any advice would be great as ive never done this before, I have load of elbows and chrome plated copper pipe 15ml

thanks

Sponsored Links
if your going to use copper it needs to be wrapped

use plastic much easier ;)

hi Kev

we already got the copper pipe - does it need to be wrapped inside the wall? I dont think it will freeze in there...

depends what you mean is it a stud wall drywall ?

if so you are ok if you are chasing it into brickwork and plastering over it it needs to be wrapped (taped) if nothing else

test it before you wrap it

ignore the local idiot he missed his medication this morning :LOL:

Sponsored Links
depends what you mean is it a stud wall drywall ?

if so you are ok if you are chasing it into brickwork and plastering over it it needs to be wrapped (taped) if nothing else

test it before you wrap it

ignore the local idiot he missed his medication this morning :LOL:

its a block wall with 1 inch thick render on it... - what does it need to be wrapped in? would i be able to put some form of trunk in to allow movement? just for easy fitting onto rad incase the pipes are just off - once on where putting one of those chrome plate covers that go around the pipe onto the wall to hide the hole (obviously this needs to be on before the valve etc...) - i just thought some movement would be best

yeah you can use trunking

you wrap the pipe to prevent corrosion if your plastering over it ;)

what with? (wrapping)

- she got me doing this now she knows i can drain and refill the system hehe, that bloody leak has caused me even more work haha - ive got half the floor down waiting to do this - resting my back today cos i done it in carrying heavy full rubble bags outside... do you think we should cut a special section out so we can get to the pipes should anything untoward happens? or O just to continue the run of the flooring?#

thanks again

if your gonna wrap the pipe duct tape is as good as anything

nothing wrong with leaving acess to it if you think you might need to be back ;)

ok - thanks

whats your thoughts on support under the joists? - the joists are just sitting on plates (wood) - not going into block work - just loose and there are no supports underneath - the floor was quite bouncy and washing machine vibrates really bad - I was think of putting something under the joists in like 4 sections - just so its tight but not lifting the floor for extra support - i have some 2x3 I could cut at width of 2 joists and chock under them in four sections - underneath the joists is a raised concrete mound (flat) - i was expecting to see SOME supports but was shocked to find none - which explained why the washer nearly brings the house down - the last owner had problems with major leaks from washer and i think that might be why..to much movement breaking seals perhaps...

I have started another thread for this too
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1747698#1747698

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back