Advice from Texecom Experts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. First post so go gentle on me!!

Having read most of the posts on here about alarm systems and Wired Vs Wireless etc etc.....I have decided to go for the following system:

Texecom Premier 24 Control Panel
Premier LCD Remote Keypad for Proximity Keytags
Proximity Keytags
3.0ah Back Up Battery
4 Prestige PIR's
2 Surface Contacts
6 Core Cable
3E 109db Bellbox

My questions are:

Is this everything I need?
Is it a good set-up?
Anyone have experience with the proximity keytags?
Does it give me scope to expand the system for more PIR's and a speech dialer if I ever want to?

and finally...................PHEW they all scream.....

I was going to buy it from a company called Alert Electrical....any good, anywhere cheaper etc??

Thanks in advance. First of many post I'm sure!!

Limbo

Sponsored Links
Just a query? Why such a small battery?

Page 9 of the manual I have ( possibly an old one so be gentle with me )

Says
"One or two 12V 7Ah batteries or one 12V 17Ah battery can
be fitted inside the control panel (metal housing) to provide
continued operation in the event of an AC mains failure. "

So I would put a 7.2 in

This is why I asked all the questions!! All very new to the whole 'Alarm' game!! Knowledge is power!!

This was the battery I was going for:

[/url]http://www.alertelectrical.com/product.asp?typeID=7&subID=0&prodID=52

Is this not right then??

Thanks for the quick response. How about the rest of the kit? All OK??

Id agree that the battery is too small, id advise a 7A/h esp on a prem.

Premiers are good panels and id say that texecom have the best manuals but it is not a diy panel. Easier than most of the bigger panels granted but definetly not diy.

You could also do with a fused spur.

Sponsored Links
I am planning on doing the job myself and I have done a few electrical projects before but likewise I don't want to over complicate things. Would a panel like the Veritas Excel be better for a DIY'er and would all the other bits fit with that panel??

Also could I still link a Proximity Remote keypad like the one I've mentioned?

Really appreciate the help.

Thanks

No the excel wont take proximity.
The prem does have great manuals but it is a pro panel is all im saying.

If you have experience of alarms then you should be ok, but the issue is any pro panel will assume previous experience and training. There are people better placed to help you on here for example than me.

Id also have a shop around but I would say that lol

Well this is my first alarm that I've fitted so hopefully someone can either convince me that I can give it a good go with the Premier24 or I go for something a bit easier to install, drop the Proximity Keypad and just replace that with a Key Fob one (don't know if Texecom do these??).

I need more help please!!! Anyone else with a view??

Thanks

Sent a friend request to you security so I can send a PM with a few more questions if that's ok. No problem if that's a no no though.

Thanks

I've got a prem panel at home with proxy keypads.

I have managed to break one keyfob in about 3 years, but that was on with my van keys and got abused on building sites (being dropped off high scaffolding :LOL:)

is quite a bit more of a complicated panel to program compared with the veritas series, especially if you don't have a laptop and serial cable, but it can be done if you take your time.

I'd also agree with fitting a 7aH battery.

I have used alert electrical, and they are ok. I find brewtime to be a bit cheaper, and you may want to try security warehouse too.

Have you considered on on board modem for alarm alerts by text message, or an autodialler?

Whatever panel you decide on, if it has a remote keypad, make sure you connect this to your panel with screened lead. ( I use beldon ). Don't be tempted to use 6 core as this can under certain circumstances pick up interference and this could cause false alarms..

Id definitely go for the 7.2, and I like the Euro One panels, all we really fit lately since the keypads give so much control over the system.

Whatever panel you decide on, if it has a remote keypad, make sure you connect this to your panel with screened lead. ( I use beldon ). Don't be tempted to use 6 core as this can under certain circumstances pick up interference and this could cause false alarms..
just wondering has anybody else got an opinion on screened cable :?: just curious

Screened cable will mean the system wont be as susceptable to RF inteferance, last one I installed was in screened cable tho was only an Texecom Veritas R8.
The previous system (A1 I think) got excited everytime the police were near and keyed their radios!

There's no need for screened cable. Anyone that used he old A1 (Omnicron) system was just asking for trouble. Worst panel ever released.

Possibly, it was a piece of rubbish which is why they ripped it out. Was installing all new cables so installed screened given the past problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back