Advice needed- Direct Unvented Cylinder with Systemboiler

That is the box of controls. there should also be a bigger one with a white metal cylinder - that is your expansion vessel for the cylinder.

They can be bought if yours is missing.

Weight wise - speak to the new builder. You won't be able to rest it on the joists - it will need to be rested on something structural. The cylinder is going to be weighing the same as three or four fully grown adults. The roof won't take it - but there is probably something up there that can.

Really you need to it down and discuss it with the installer and builder.

Sponsored Links
i wouldn't wanna be putting that in the roof empty let alone when full, 56 stones or a 1/3 tonne when full :eek:

If i have to get another cylinder what make and size do you guys recommend?

Dan said around 250, is this not still to big?

is it best to stick with Potterton as the its the same make as the boiler? i have seen Potterton Gold Indirect Cylinder Gold 170I for around £500.

Im hoping i can get a couple hundred back when selling the current monster i got sitting there!

Sponsored Links
unless you can build a platform off of the supporting wall then you still be sitting it on the ceiling joists, it doesn't really matter what cylinder you go for just make sure it's stainless inside (most of these come with a 25 yrs warentee), but like it's been said you should get a pressure & flow test done before even going down the unvented route, & you need a plumber/RGI with the G3 cert to fit an unvented cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back