Advice needed for fitting plywood floor and bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right section for my question but here goes.
In my bathroom, I am tiling onto floorboards + WBP plywood layer and an aquapanel bath panel. (New frame for bath panel also has to be fitted).
Its only a small bathroom with one bath panel required along the longer side of the bath.

Questions:
(1) What would you fit first prior to tiling - ply floor or bath panel?
(2) If ply floor is fitted first, would you fit ply floor so that the bath frame and panel rests on top of the ply floor or would you fit ply level with edge of bath and just rest/secure the bath frame and panel to the floor boards.
(3) If bath frame and panel is fitted on top of ply floor would you also fit the ply floor so that the front 2 legs of the bath also sits on top of the new ply floor. This is the way the old thin plywood floor which I removed, was fitted.

Sponsored Links
Personally i would fit the ply, then the tiles (with the tiles going 4-5 inches under the bath) then the bath panel frame on top of the tiles and finally the panel its self. Its usually a good idea to fit a bath panel at finished floor level just in case of leaks etc. Also there would be less chance of water spilling over the edge of the bath and going under the tiles .hope this helps.

First of you have to build up a stud frame the way it's done for huge place of plasterboard and you can used hardibacker.you will necessary it for solid frame to stop motility in bath panel .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back