Advice needed on career options

East Sussex- you can have me for £50 a day -

I`m getting bored here :rolleyes: . I`m semi skilled - I never touched gas after it was regulated ;)

Sponsored Links
Looneyfitter,thanks for the tips!!

So if I was to branch out with an ad in the local paper one of my concerns is taking on a job and then it taking me twice the time it should!

What sort of work do you think is ok to take on with someone with limited experience??

bobby

there is qualified heating & plumbing engineers who have plenty of experince on the dole, just a thought before you spend money on the local rag.........

A) I often have jobs take far longer than expected and sometimes lose out, but hey ho, that's down to experience...

B) I work quite slowly compared to some, but plan ahead to do the job only once and take pride in my job being, neat, tidy and done properly.

Sponsored Links
one of my concerns is taking on a job and then it taking me twice the time it should!
Quote for the job, not for the time.
Don't work for people where you "smell a rat". Walk.
Impress good people and word will spread like wildfire and you'll have more work than you can handle.
There are so many illiterate, dumb, rude, disrespectful, untrustworthy plumbers around that if you can sell yourself, you'll never be short of work.
Saying you want to think about something, or find out more, will get you respect.
But it will take a couple of years.

one of my concerns is taking on a job and then it taking me twice the time it should!
Quote for the job, not for the time.
Don't work for people where you "smell a rat". Walk.
Impress good people and word will spread like wildfire and you'll have more work than you can handle.
There are so many illiterate, dumb, rude, disrespectful, untrustworthy plumbers around that if you can sell yourself, you'll never be short of work.
Saying you want to think about something, or find out more, will get you respect.
But it will take a couple of years.

Spot on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back