Career in plumbing

FACT no shortage of plumbers gas engineers
FACT to many D**KS in this industry who don't know where there a**e holes are
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I never done a short course, or nuffing like colege. Reeding the posts on this site gave me all the experience and nollige wot i needed to becum a plummer.

If I get difikult jobs, and cusstomer turns into a screamer and giving me grief an that, I just puts a question on here, then I knowe wot to do.

recon i'm a pro by now, even do a bit of gas on the side. ;)

Sponsored Links
I never done a short course, or nuffing like colege. Reeding the posts on this site gave me all the experience and nollige wot i needed to becum a plummer.

If I get difikult jobs, and cusstomer turns into a screamer and giving me grief an that, I just puts a question on here, then I knowe wot to do.

recon i'm a pro by now, even do a bit of gas on the side. They say you learne by your mistaces! :wink

There's no substitute for experience. New installations in new builds is one thing, but college courses etc won't help you in a real fiddly situation; a bit like those Haynes car manuals - they get a brand new car, take it apart and put it back together again. Different story when it's an old banger all rusted up.

recon i'm a pro by now, even do a bit of gas on the side. They say you learne by your mistaces! :wink

:D :D :D

British Gas offer good training and salary packages with perks, but they expect alot. You are measured on everything and if you dont perform then you are dragged into a whole world of hell. It is very stressfull at B/G these days but if you like stress then great.

Doing a search on google, some of these training sites suggest a shortage of plumbers and some plumbers earn anywhere from 40-100k. Guessing this may not be entirely true, but wondered what the average salary for newly qualified plumber was (North of England (West Yorkshire))?

Thanks

I would suspect for these courses - it's the old fashioned way to make money - exploit someone else's desire to make money.

Sounds like the British Gas option would be best for you, if you're serious.
I'm in IT also, but do quite enjoy it. Since learning to do a spot of plastering, has kindled an enjoyment with DIY. But I think this is as far as it would go for me.

The plumber we used last year was ex-B/G. He was a little stressed at the time, so don't think it will be a bed of roses, even after training! But you spend a lot of time in a job, so if you enjoy it & you don't mind hard work, then why not. But do your sums & a lot of research! ;)
Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back