plumber shortage over ...

What they are short of is idiots who will work for these contractors for £10.00 per h/r thats what they are short of.. they are creaming it in

ALDI,S SHELF FILLER ...............................£8.50 PER HR
LIDLE SHELF FILLER ...............................£7.50 PER HOUR
MIN WAGE ..............................................£5.30 PER HOUR
GAS SERVICE ENGINEER .........................£10.00 PER HOUR

IS IT WORTH IT NO...................

My advice to any would be gas man get out .......................
and stay out........................................

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
There's still a chronic shortage of competent, experienced plumbers. Those ex IT guys might be a blessing in disguise. They could help bring bring higher professional status for all of us in due course. And don't knock short courses - I started plumbing after a two day course!

What they are short of is idiots who will work for these contractors for £10.00 per h/r thats what they are short of.. they are creaming it in

ALDI,S SHELF FILLER ...............................£8.50 PER HR
LIDLE SHELF FILLER ...............................£7.50 PER HOUR
MIN WAGE ..............................................£5.30 PER HOUR
GAS SERVICE ENGINEER .........................£10.00 PER HOUR

IS IT WORTH IT NO...................

My advice to any would be gas man get out .......................
and stay out........................................

Perhaps I should also point out that the Polish were fighting WITH the allies during the second WW and their efforts were very significant.

However dramatic the effect of the Polish workers is now, thats nothing compared with the influx of the Turkish workers when they join the EU in a few years time. They are happy to work for £20 per day!

In fact Germany has found it very difficult to get rid of the million or two they allowed in to do cheap work before they took on the East Germans!

Tony

Sponsored Links
And what relevance does that have to this tony???

we saved france and they sold us down the river over our joining the EU three times, what happen 60 years ago has no relevance now!!

Imy point is that great investment MUST be made into the former soviet block members of the EU as they have been cronically under funded for years.

Its the imbalance of economics that will be the greatest cause on instabilty in the euro zone for the next generation and it is this imbalance that will tell in greater influxes of workers into the strong economies and the laying to waste of the weaker economies

Unless you want to see the likes of Poland slip into more poverty you would side with the ideal of greater investment THERE rather than the quick fix of having Polands key workers come HERE.

Agile,

I was just pointing out that unequal populations (Brits vs Eastern Europeans ) is bound to deliver disproportionate fault observations and is not therefore necessarily a good measure. I am sure that you have intentionally or subjectively taken account of this when forming your opinion.

The unregistered/signing off business is worrying.

Yes, what Bender doesn't understand is that he works for a company on whatever per hour he gets.

For gas operatives who work for large-ish companies (like me at the min), they are normally on £10-£15 per hour. NOT much better than your shelf stackers, bus drivers, and NOT as much as electronic design engineers or whatever he is.

The reason I'm on such a comparatively low wage is that the company I work for have to pay for my van, petrol, my training, various insurances, marketing, taxes, etc.

When I work for myself I charge more per hour than I get when working for my Monday-Friday company as I have to pay petrol, PLI, tax etc etc - its simple!

ACOperson said:
Yes, what Bender doesn't understand is that he works for a company on whatever per hour he gets.

For gas operatives who work for large-ish companies (like me at the min), they are normally on £10-£15 per hour. NOT much better than your shelf stackers, bus drivers, and NOT as much as electronic design engineers or whatever he is.

The reason I'm on such a comparatively low wage is that the company I work for have to pay for my van, petrol, my training, various insurances, marketing, taxes, etc.

When I work for myself I charge more per hour than I get when working for my Monday-Friday company as I have to pay petrol, PLI, tax etc etc - its simple!

i think you are simple ac

Oh nice come back BOB you are the man, you have oscar wilde et al kicking themselves that they did not think of such a witty comeback when they walked the earth

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

corgiman wht dont you donate your weath to the poles and go live over there.

mmm I dont really understand your statement lor??

I am saying that instead of people moaning about these poles coming over here and taking our work, we (the BRITISH people) should look to see why here is more attractive than there?

but if that is a bit to much for you I understand.

how r u gonna balance the whole world CORGIMAN . wot about Africa ?
if u give away all this countries wealth then would your conscience be clear ?

Again I dont think iwas blaming anyone, was I?? if I was that was not my intention, my intention was to address and discuss the rational behind people like sloggers concerns that we are being invaded by foreign workers.

dont do blame mate pointless Exercise that, now talking thats the way to do it.

I think corgiman's making a good point. We (the west in general, not just UK) should do a lot more to help other countries to develop economically (and in other ways - politically, socially, culturally) so that there is hope for people who stay in their own country and not just through emigration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back