Considering a career change....advice apreciated

Thanks for that informative post.

A couple of days after I last posted on this thread I got a call from the college as someone had not turned up for the night classes. I am now enrolled on 2330. It is two nights a week for 3hrs, one night practical and one night theory. I think it takes 2 years to get level 2 and level three is an extra year on top (although I'm not 100% on this as I wasn't there for the first week when all this was explained!)

I didnt get paid mate but it wasnt about the money for me as I had a job at the time , it was about getting the experience

In ref to going out on your own thats down to the individual , for me its not something I have considered as I feel you need lots of day to day experience , my friend who is 28 went self emplyed at 26 but he had been a spark since college , worked for 3 firms and was an experienced inspector and tester

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at:Career change
Tks again and pls keep posting.

Sponsored Links
Its pointless, because all of the information that was posted (on this OLD thread) does not apply to your location.

Peut-être que vous devriez trouver un forum électricien français?

It would be interesting to know how DanDIY is getting on.

Getting your hands dirty is OK - they'll wash.

Wish it was as easy to wash away the aching back and knees I have from spending much of yesterday in my Mum's loft trying to sort out a seriously messy lighting circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back