Is There Still A Shortage Of Plumbers?

Sponsored Links
there are lots of establishments churning out people with a certificate, who think they are a "plumber" or "heating/gas engineer". Both trades are totally different and both equally take years to become profficient in.
Actually earning a decent substanable income can not be gained through a 10 week crash course.

When i watch an old school plumber burning lead,

Getting lead poisoning.

forming gutters and valleys,
Falling off roof due to no insurance in them days.

Today's plumbers are "heating engineers" and are slowly becoming devoid of skill. You could train a chimp to assemble a boiler.

You can`t train a monkey to fix one, there`s a difference.

When i watch an old school plumber burning lead,

Getting lead poisoning.

forming gutters and valleys,
Falling off roof due to no insurance in them days.

Today's plumbers are "heating engineers" and are slowly becoming devoid of skill. You could train a chimp to assemble a boiler.

You can`t train a monkey to fix one, there`s a difference.
troll.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nice of you to post a picture of your wife, is there a point?

Mean while back at the thread....

Is there still a shortage of Plumbers? No! They may not all be time served but they are getting work and there are a LOT of them. So something is telling me, 'Hey! you can't do this any more anyway so take the opportunity and train to do something else!'

As some of the lads know, my health has nose dived recently. The situation means that I cannot work 'in the trade' any more. This has had a huge financial impact on us as a family and a Psychological effect on me personally... Yes, yes, I know, I've always been a bit 'Psychological'! :D

Anyway, I have been forced to think about 'WHAT' I am going to do for the rest of my days. I'm no spring chicken at 43 but I'm also not on the scrap heap. I have a 'Corporate' background as well but I'd really like to have a go at something new. The real challenge is thinking of something I can train in and get employment in and/or become self employed in, at my age. Teaching has been mentioned quite a few times by family and friends but I'm not sure it's for me. I know my way around a PC and have thought about 'getting qualified' and possibly doing that but I think it's a 'young man' industry.

Perhaps I should train to be a Psychologist? This forum could keep me in work for a life time!

The thread was about `Shortage of Plumbers` not about you. ;)

I think you'll find this is an OPEN forum Charlie troll boy. I and indeed any other member, will post what the **** I/we like.

Fair point. Don`t ramble on about yourself and your ambitions then. No one`s asking. ;) Get off the cross by the way, someone else needs the wood. :rolleyes:.... Next Martyr.......

Fair point. Don`t ramble on about yourself and your ambitions then. No one`s asking. ;) Get off the cross by the way, someone else needs the wood. :rolleyes:.... Next Martyr.......
There's an idea.... Chippy! hmmm, nah, too easy! :evil:

Oh god ! Not another Decorator.
Too effing boring!

Anyway, enough about me! :D

I still stand by my comment, there is NOT a shortage of Plumbers. Especially considering the decline of house building.

The Poles are multi tradesmen, ( can`t do any ) paid a pittance but did you know that this Government is paying child benefit for their families in Poland whilst they work here, and every Pole that goes home receives £4000.00. :eek: They then change their name and return here. Back home again, another 4 Grand. Good here innit. :rolleyes: Last Pole I worked with was building his own home and starting his own business in Poland. Long Live our Gracious Queen...etc.

I would be interested in a link that substantiates this.

Yes, its true, Polish children can get child benefit even though they have never been to the UK. If one of the parents has been or is working in the UK, then they can claim for their kids in Poland, etc.

Here's the link;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483225/1m-child-benefit-paid-month--mothers-Poland.html

And another one;
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/33067

More taxpayers money flushed down the toilet! :(

This is what you're up against. Talking to one of the plant ops on site today. He's getting his bathroom done. Remove existing tiles and suite. Install new suite, re-tile wall and floor, new light and extractor fan and install new towel rad.£400.00, labour only.
I asked if the guy was part P qualified, he didn't know. The best bit was when this "J" said that he had specified that he did not want to see any copper or white plastic feeding his new chrome towel rad. He said that he had an old chrome towel rail that the guy cut up and used for the tails.
The mind boggles.

The Poles are multi tradesmen, ( can`t do any ) paid a pittance but did you know that this Government is paying child benefit for their families in Poland whilst they work here, and every Pole that goes home receives £4000.00. :eek: They then change their name and return here. Back home again, another 4 Grand. Good here innit. :rolleyes: Last Pole I worked with was building his own home and starting his own business in Poland. Long Live our Gracious Queen...etc.

I would be interested in a link that substantiates this.

Yes, its true, Polish children can get child benefit even though they have never been to the UK. If one of the parents has been or is working in the UK, then they can claim for their kids in Poland, etc.

Here's the link;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483225/1m-child-benefit-paid-month--mothers-Poland.html

And another one;
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/33067

More taxpayers money flushed down the toilet! :(
They can also claim back any tax they paid if they go home before the end of the tax year they then come back and start again. What we have in this country now is what is known as the low wage business model, you have employers importing foreign labour and using the benefits system to subsidise their employees wages.

They pay their employees the minimum wage which means the employee can claim the maximum tax credits and housing benefits, the tax credit system was supposed to help people in unskilled low paid jobs achieve a decent wage, but now it is being used to undercut skilled tradesmen.

Sponsored Links
Back