advice needed on fiesta ghia 98

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
advice please my wife has a fiesta ghia 98,she phoned me up at work to tell me that her air con is blowing out hot air after being on for a couple of minutes naturally i thought it needs re gassing but even if you turn off the air con and turn it to cold it still comes out hot anyone got any ideas before i have to take it to a garage and spend a fortune, i know the gas in the air con is geting short , does anybody think i should re gas it first? :(

Sponsored Links
The heater on/off valve is electrically operated on these and they are always giving bother...trace the heater pipes to where they go through the bulkhead below the screen and you'll find the valve. Replacement is simple enough with no special tools, and you'll find that you'll be able to control the temperature. There's no guarantee that the air con is actually working though!
Cheers John

thanks for the advice burnerman i shall attemp to change the heater valve at the weekend and if it works it will make the missus happy :D :D

The valve has 4 pipe on it 2 one side and 2 the other, easy to change.

I have changed loads, I use little clamps on all 4 pipe about an 50mm from the edge to stop the coolant pouring out.
Also carefulness is required when pulling the hoses off the valve body as on the older fiesta the hoses have perished and they break, if this is the case you will need a new hose.

Sponsored Links
bought the heater valve for £40 and took me about 20 minutes to change it and re gassed it and now the wife has cool air,so shes cooking me my favourite meal chops as a reward. ;) :D

Back