Advice needed on shower pump installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are having a new bathroom and en-suite re-fitted.
We have gravity fed system.

For the ensuite we are thinking of having a shower and body jet column which requires 2 bar min.

For the bathroom we are thinking of having the Aqualisa Quartz pumped shower with a fixed head and a shower handset.

Our water company has said that the incoming water pressure is 1 to 1.5 bar min.

I was wondering if it would be possible to run a separate 2 or 3 bar pump, Stuart Turner Monsoon, for the shower and body jet column in our ensuite as it backs onto the airing cupboard where the HWC is and place it on the floor or site it try to have it sited in the loft using a negative head pump as it would be directly over the ensuite but below the cold water tank in the loft.

For the bathroom I was thinking of placing the Aqualisa Quartz pump under the bath as that would service the fixed 6in shower head and separate shower handset, which would a have a diverter to switch between the 2 and seems straightfoward.

The Aqualisa pump is rated at delivering 13Litres a minute or 18 Litres if boosted @ 0.1 bar.

The Stuart Turner Monsoon pump for the ensuite is rated has having a max. flow rate of 25litres.

I would just like to know if using two independant pumps to service two areas would be OK or would it pose problems.

The salesperson at my local bathstore said that it might cause backsiphonage problems and drain the water supply very quickly if both are used at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Cant see why backsyphonage would occur :confused: And to ensure you have enough stored hot and cold water........install another cold storage roof cistern, and hot storage cylinder- with the cyl running an immersion heater if it is difficult to plumb the heat exchange coil into the existing c/heating system :idea: That`s exactly what I`ve done @ my house- the new cly. services one bathroom-the original services the rest of the house.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, and confirmation of my abilities ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back