advice needed. subby not getting paid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lad has been subbing as an electrician for a major national company for the last three months. Payment of his wages has been erratic to say the least, paying wages every three weeks, claiming paperwork has not been sent in and paying him short etc.
End result he`s packed it in with them but is still owed approx £900. Phone calls/emails requesting payment are batted aside with the usual "cheques in the post/we`re paying you this friday" rubbish. Disappointingly his union rep (unite?) has been no use, failing to return his phone calls after the problem was originally explained.
There must be people on here who have found themselves in this position, so what`s the best course of action? He`s well p*ssed off and is thinking of chalking it down to experience, but he`s earned the dosh and deserves to be paid what is rightfully his.
Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Sponsored Links
does he know where the boss lives? if so turn his cold water off in the street at night and poor concrete down the grid always worked for me :D

"Small Claims". You can do it online. Costs £70 which gets added to the bill, plus interest.
If they then don't pay, they get a CCJ against them. Individuals shiysters don't care so you still don't get paid, but companies are usually more bovvered to avoid them.

Sponsored Links
"Small Claims". You can do it online. Costs £70 which gets added to the bill, plus interest.
If they then don't pay, they get a CCJ against them. Individuals shiysters don't care so you still don't get paid, but companies are usually more bovvered to avoid them.

Thanks, will look into this.

We had the same problem with a company we worked for. After numerous calls to the boss, who never took my call and calls to the staff underneath him. We had no option but to go through the small claims court.

All work is done via email,...................... to cut a long story short a bailiff turned up at there office and the company paid there and then.

The court cost and bailiff were put onto my claim, so it didn't cost me a penny. It did take about 2 months.

It works.

Andy

Back