customer that did not pay,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did some work for aguy who had brought some land and built a detached house, I did the second fix.
At theend off the job on friday, he told me he did not have my money, now he must have known this, and still watched me work all week. he also did not pay the chippy, and the sparky.
He owes me 400 quid, the chippy 800, and the sparky 250.
The tiler who is from Romania, he payed half because he was going to call some mates , so I think the customer was abit scared, and I phoned the tiler and he told me he had been payed up.
the chippy has since told him he will take legal action, and he was told if he did, he woulld only get 5 pounds a month through the courts.
I have not been in touch with the customer, thought whats the point.
But I want to go round and leave a tin of paint on his door step, saying you have 2 weeks to pay me.
The more I think about this ******, hes abit off a hard case, but he does not know my full name or where I live, I am fuming.
What other route could I take, I think he only understands one thing, and the paint might make him think ,

Sponsored Links
Difficult to answer without a good knowledge of Spanish litigation procedures.

In the UK, I would be suggesting that you write a formal letter demanding payment in accordance with your contract (I take it that there was a written contract at the outset) and stating what action you will take if payment is not made within a certain period (eg. 14 days).

If payment is not made within that period, you would then issue a summons in the Small Claims Court, where you represent yourself and so do not rack up heavy solicitor's bills.

On the facts you have posted, the case would undoubtedly be found in your favour, and even if the householder has no money and can only pay you a tiny amount over a long period, the case would result in a judgement against him which woiuld severely limit his ability to raise credit elsewhere. That fact alone is very often enough to prompt a debtor to pay up befoire the matter ever gets to court, in my experience.

I would certainly not suggest leaving a tin of paint on his doorstep - this could be construed as a threat, and would not, in my view, serve you well.

someone on here once recommended that if you ever think a job is dogie or you might not get paid fit a hidden gate valve and leave it off.

When they pay you will fix ie 2 minutes to open it up! Make sure it's a cash payment tho!

Sponsored Links
Many try this tactic because they dont want to pay.

Does he have all the appearance of living well? Big 4 x 4 etc? Wife on the cocktails?

Tony

I have blocked an oil line with a wad of tissue paper in the oil filter - easy to remove after you have been paid - it's supprising how quickly they contact you when the boiler they havn't paid for locks out :LOL: ;)

Is this job in UK? or Spain?

On completion of work we always get full payment via cash or card, this is agreed before we start work. If the customers starts to avoid paying we tell them that we will remove all our parts and leave site. This has only happened once in twenty years. Normally when the customer starts to see us get our tools out, to remove 'our parts'. Thats when the cash comes out.

So is it possible to go back and remove parts?

Lets hope they never have a blocked manhole, not using the toilet makes the house inhabitable. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

i had a mate who had this idiot of a customer who refused to settle the final bill and agreed to pay the outstanding money if my mate did some little extras which my mate agreed to as he needed the money badly, well he did all the jobs lovely then the customer tells him he aint paying and he is going on holidays :evil: . No problem this customer lives in a basement flat in a 4 story victorian house , opps a bag of cement down the manhole, two weeks later customer returns to turds floating all around his newly refurbed flat :LOL:

Builder fella I know got knocked by some customer , he had a restored Zepher car was his pride & joy never took it out in the rain ect also had a dog , he would go off to the same place every so often shopping or what ever ?? take his dog leave window open they followed him & fed the dog ex lax , the dog had a **** explosion in the car bloke came back to the stuff running out the door's :D

has no money and can only pay you a tiny amount over a long period, the case would result in a judgement against him which woiuld severely limit his ability to raise credit elsewhere. That fact alone is very often enough to prompt a debtor to pay up befoire the matter ever gets to court, in my experience.
If that happens and it goes to court rather than accept small amounts have a 'Legal Charge' entered on his property. You might still have to wait for your money but now you will have the satisfaction of knowing he cannot sell the property nor remortgage without you being advised.

If he tries to do anything with the property any lender will be advised of the 'charge' and they simply will not lend anything until it is sorted!

In all probability he will pay up straight away to avoid future problems.

The legal way of going about it all sucks. Do what you have too to get the money. The bag O cement trick sounds a good un! :D

he did also mention about sending his gay club bouncers mates around to another customer who could not get the money out quick enough, The worse i heard was curling tong man :rolleyes: need i say any more

I have blocked an oil line with a wad of tissue paper in the oil filter - easy to remove after you have been paid - it's supprising how quickly they contact you when the boiler they havn't paid for locks out :LOL: ;)

Aint that the truth.

full flow ball a fix partially closed might do the trick,not that i have ever had to do it myself

Sponsored Links
Back