Advice needed with a very difficult tiler! :(

If hi couldn’t do a better job than that I’d throw myself off a cliff. Bob

Sponsored Links
The tiles are not laid out correctly, there shouldn't be a narrow strip.....that's amateur hour.

It's not terrible but it's not really the job of a pro

He's an incompetent clown, the tiles have not been set out correctly, the edges should have a uniform width.
To set tiles you find the centre of the floor and the decide whether the tile edge or centre should be on the centre line, this is decided by the edge cuts which should be as large as possible. Then do the same in the other direction.

No point explaining this to your bloke, his brain will explode. I wouldn't bother threatening him in any way and trying to sue him will be futile.

Reality, let him finish, could be when its finally grouted it will look acceptable

Sponsored Links
And what was his excuse for the tile with the cut out for the door frame (the picture with the bath in it)? The grain is perpendicular to all of the others.

When you say he was local, how did you find him? One of those checka type sites or recommendation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back