Advice on bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a mold problem on my bathroom ceiling that is gradually getting worse and have been cleaning it with sugar soap in preparation of repainting. I am a little unsure about how to deal with a couple of patches where the paint has come away. Can I just fill them in with paint or should I fill them in and then paint over them?

Attachments

• SAM_0857.JPG
    SAM_0857.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 77
  • SAM_0859.JPG
    SAM_0859.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Only one way to do a job.....

Fill, sand, fill, sand, paint.

Use a mould/moisture resistant paint designed for bathrooms.

Oh, and add ventilation.

Plenty of insulation above? Years ago electricians would remove insulation to allow for those hot halogen spot lights and bathroom ceilings would go black with mould because ceiling became cold.
So plenty of insulation will help.
Zinsser BIN is a good primer over treated /washed mould. Wash off well enough you can just paint with zinsser perma white

Thanks for the replies and advice, appreciated. There is a small vent in the ceiling that I now keep open. Will get hold of some filler and get to it. Thanks. (y)

Sponsored Links
Have scrubbed it down with some Sugar Soap and have got hold of some Polyfiller from my dad. Will let it dry for a few days and fill the patches. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back