advice on best boiler please

are you going to have a hot water cylinder, or a combi?

how many litres per minutes does your kitchen cold tap deliver?

Sponsored Links
Also I have checked my flow rates (mains, dhw) and it points towards a 28kw.
You say the cold water flow rate at the kitchen tap is 14.5 l/min. If you have a garden tap straight off the mains, check the kitchen flow with the garden tap full on.

I am having a quote on Tuesday for loft and cavity wall insulation so that should solve that problem.
Did you know that you might be able to get it for a very low cost or even free? Check out Energy Savings Trust Grant Search

Loft and Cavity insulation will reduce the heating requirement, it won't eliminate it. Use the Boiler Size Calculator to find out your heating requirement and see what difference the insulation will make.

When selecting the boiler make sure that the lower output limit for heating is well below the calculated heating requirement.

That is very good news but the £160 extra was what was involved with the 200 which I fitted about six months ago.

If the new Vitotronic 200 model is so much less then I am surprised the people at the show did not think it was worthwhile telling me. Not even the short German fellow!

Tony

Sponsored Links
don't be telling god he is wrong
rofl5.gif

Tony, you are wrong. We have fitted loads of 100 with W/C and the sensor plugs directly into the pcb, and cost approx £30 + Vat.

So be a big boy and hold up your hands, and say to Mysteryman ' I am wrong this time'.

Its easy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back