Advice on Central heating boilers

Adwt2004.. No point waiting for the summer cause believe it or not that is a busy time for installers. Around jan feb is best time to get it when most customers are skint from xmas.

In reply to original question both boilers are as good as each other so i guess it boils down to price and piece of mind.

Sponsored Links
Its a numbers game by accountants. Sell enough over priced troublesome boilers and hopefully Baxi will come out still in profit! What about the small print exclusions. Can't beat Vaillant in my opinion

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
What about the small print exclusions.
what small print exclusion.
gas4you said:
Can't beat Vaillant in my opinion
That's the beauty of a forum, every one can express what they like, especially the Germans

Course you can beat vaillant, and if you analyse the present Baxi range what can you complain about?

This is just brand slagging, not helpful to the OP.

Paul Barker said:
Course you can beat vaillant, and if you analyse the present Baxi range what can you complain about?

This is just brand slagging, not helpful to the OP.

Not brand slagging just experience. When I have had to call out Baxi for warranty repairs the engineers who turn up cannot or do not know how to fix problems. 1 unfortunate customer of mine is now on their 4th baxi combi each one developing exactly the same fault, baxi cannot fix so they (their own experts!) just give him a new one each time. Why should I trust a brand with no back up?

I know all makes develop problems but after changing to Vaillant and fitting around 80 of their Ecomax and Ecotec range I have had no call backs except for the annual service.

No I am not german, I am proud to be english, but I wish UK manufacturers would be as well and offer the same reliability!

Wow Baxi are generous.

But I mean everyone has different yet valid experience. the guy who trained me went to Baxi from Worcester (he was ex 25 years with the board so he had an inbuilt part of the brain that promotes worcester only ect can dislodge) when the Junior let him down time and again, and in his words "I must have fited 50 of these Baxis and not been called back to a single one". At the time I was fiting Vokeras and I could say the same. I have always sold Buderus as my money no object boiler, and for my high flow rate boiler the 40kw worcesters. Now I'm Alpha agent so I have fitted some of those but I'm not really an installer at all anylonger. That might change, and if it did the Vokera Unica looks very attractive on many grounds. I have an inherant dislike of SD but that's probably now unfounded since it may well be a badged version of what you say is unbeaten.

gas4you said:
1 unfortunate customer of mine is now on their 4th baxi combi each one developing exactly the same fault, baxi cannot fix so they (their own experts!) just give him a new one each time. Why should I trust a brand with no back up?

In my experience you'd be lucky to get the boiler changed once let alone 4 times.

Surely if you have the same fault developing with 4 new boilers then surely the fault must be external to the boiler, and stop calling me Shirley!

Have you got the last job number from Baxi/Heateam?
I'd been interested to read the full history
(postcode and house number/name would do if you haven't got any job numbers)

How can you say 'no back up'?

To me no back up is the fact that no body can fix it. The first time a Heat team engineer turned up the boiler had failed (the 130 combi) and he told the customer he could not fix it because it was not displaying a fault code and left!! Shirley(!!) a heat team engineer would be trained in fault diagnosis without relying on fault codes, I know my local Vaillant agent is. Fault codes I always thought were for the likes of me to point me in the right direction!

By the way this 130 was also replaced twice after a lot of pressure being put on my then area sales manager by me.

Perhaps I have had a bad experience or my local heat team chaps are the bad exception and not the norm.

I am now getting calls from 3 customers (not mine) asking if I can fix their baxi combis as they have had heat team out and they have failed to fix the boiler and do not want them back in their house! My answer is if heat team cannot fix it how am I supposed to as I am no Baxi expert.

I think it all depends on what part of the country you live in as to what local installers prefer to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back