Will this boiler do ?

A hot water ctorage cylinder!

You can also have a combi serving say one bathroom or the kitchen and a cylinder serving the rest.

Tony

Thanks for reply, I understand I can get a cylinder but I am trying to find out if the combi will do the job before going down that system route.

here is the requirements of the enclosure.

Water supply requirement: separate hot and cold inputs are required, each at a pressure of 1.5 - 3 Bar. NB: if the water pressure is below this range a twin negative head pump must be used to boost the hot and cold supply.

A pump must not be used on the output of a combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
It really depends upon the cold water main pressure & flow rate, you need to get this check out first.

Little story - went to a quote on Friday, I'm the 3rd installer in, customer is telling me he wants a combi, no problem says I, let me check your flow rate. Customer advises he hasn't got good flow rates, but previous installers have informed this will improve with a combi. Test Results 6 lpm flow rate, stopcock fully on in house and in the street.

To the op, with most combi's if two or more outlets are used at the same time there will be a reduced flow, as most appliances use flow restrictors.

4 bedroom house you need boiler and unvented cylinder provided
you have the mains pressure and flow.
Combi isn't going to drive one of these shower cubicles satisfactory.

I still like the idea of having an immersion heater if the boiler packs up.

There is currently a immersion heater in the property can this be left in for storage or are the cylinder storage different ?

Sponsored Links
Funny beerlover but you would prob be making stupid comments if I just listened to the first plumber and done what he said. You would prob be saying " why did'nt you get more advice and check before going with the first persons advice".

No I wouldn't, the first plumber was someone you know but evidently don't trust. Why waste his time getting him 'round? You had no intention of using his services, just using him.

The most popular man at Christmas is a plumber, but he gets the fewest Christmas cards. In your head we are all robbing, lying swindlers.

When I left college I kept in touch with a couple of my fellow students. Only one lives in a massive house with two new Mercs on the drive. His company motto is " if you leave without an arguement you have'nt charged enough"

Sure there are people like him about, but most of us are treading water with our necks just above the ****e, trying to build a customer base through trust and quality. But why should we (I) ? You think we are robbing you, so why don't we.

This is why I get so angry at tw@ts like you. If you don't think he knows anything don't ask him anything and stop wasteing all our time :evil:

No I wouldn't, the first plumber was someone you know but evidently don't trust. Why waste his time getting him 'round? You had no intention of using his services, just using him.

The most popular man at Christmas is a plumber, but he gets the fewest Christmas cards. In your head we are all robbing, lying swindlers.

When I left college I kept in touch with a couple of my fellow students. Only one lives in a massive house with two new Mercs on the drive. His company motto is " if you leave without an arguement you have'nt charged enough"

Sure there are people like him about, but most of us are treading water with our necks just above the s***te, trying to build a customer base through trust and quality. But why should we (I) ? You think we are robbing you, so why don't we.

This is why I get so angry at ****ts like you. If you don't think he knows anything don't ask him anything and stop wasteing all our time :evil:

You are a complete p***k. Didnt say I didnt trust him you did. And by the way I always get 3 quotes and 3opinions I thought that qas a simple rule with any work,sorry if I do not jump at the first person with my hard earned cash. Seems to me that you are getting fed up getting called out and time wasted maybe thats nothing to do with hoe good of a plumber you are just that people dont like you and think your a p****C.

You are a complete p***k. Didnt say I didnt trust him you did. And by the way I always get 3 quotes and 3opinions I thought that qas a simple rule with any work,sorry if I do not jump at the first person with my hard earned cash.

Seems to me that you are getting fed up getting called out and time wasted maybe thats nothing to do with hoe good of a plumber you are just that people dont like you and think your a p****C.

So how would you deal with me then?

I dont make free visits to give quotations and free advice because thats not fair to my paying customers who would be subsidising my time.

Instead I ask questions on the phone and give budgetary quotes based on the information given to me. As long as the customer has given me the right information then that what the quote is.

Tony

I am speaking theoretically Agile. If that is how you work and I phoned then i would speak on the phone that is fine.

I think this sort of proves the reason for me asking for advice here, xr4x4 is asking me why i am getting a Combi if I have a hot water cylinder. Well I told the plumber my needs and the Combi is what he suggested hence why I am asking here.

All I am asking on here is for advice not a argument. Isnt that why ppl come on these forums ?

The cylinder is run off electric at the moment. can this be run on a Combi ?

System boiler and replace hot water cylinder with a unvented.

You will have plenty of hot water at mains pressure, perfect for showers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back