Will this boiler do ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a four bedroom house and will be getting central heating put in, it will have 1 bathroom and 8 radiators, but in the future I will be thinking of adding one of those steam room enclosures in the bathroom what run of the central heating. A plumber I know has told me a Vaillant eco tec pro 28 would be suitable for my needs. Will this boiler be suitable for a 4 bedroom house ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The answer to that one is simple: if you don't trust his advice, you need to find a better installer; there is nobody better qualified to tell you what you need than the chap that has been on site.

" a plumber I know", you are so typical of the mug public we have to deal with. Your mate, the plumber, is deemed too stupid for you to trust his advice. You will now put yourself in the hands of slick salesmen & cowboys who will put in what suits their profit - not your needs.

WHEN it goes t1ts up, your friend will be called and asked to sort out the problems. You will then be on here wingeing about how much HE is charging.

Best advice - tell your plumber to get some new friends.

BTW the boiler will more than suit. But what do we both know :evil:

" a plumber I know", you are so typical of the mug public we have to deal with. Your mate, the plumber, is deemed too stupid for you to trust his advice. You will now put yourself in the hands of slick salesmen & cowboys who will put in what suits their profit - not your needs.

WHEN it goes t1ts up, your friend will be called and asked to sort out the problems. You will then be on here wingeing about how much HE is charging.

Sorry to upset you by saying a "plumber I know", but if I need a plumber and I know one in the area then that is who I am going to call like I did. . Also when I get told something and its gong to cost I always try and check what I am told is right some way or another. i.e this forum as its suits that category of heating.

Why when I ask a question about heating on a heating section of a diy forum do ppl get so upset ?

You have you own little scenario of what is happening and just throw sly comments, why not just answer the question without the arrogance or do not answer it if it upsets you that much.

Sponsored Links

Sorry to upset you by saying a "plumber I know", but if I need a plumber and I know one in the area then that is who I am going to call like I did. . Also when I get told something and its gong to cost I always try and check what I am told is right some way or another. i.e this forum as its suits that category of heating.

Why when I ask a question about heating on a heating section of a diy forum do ppl get so upset ?

You have you own little scenario of what is happening and just throw sly comments, why not just answer the question without the arrogance or do not answer it if it upsets you that much.

Lots of egos on here, lawd knows why - ignore is easiest - just dont take it personally!

I wont do cheers dormermike.

Where you say it is more than suitable beerlover, my concern was as the steam room runs of the combi, and I know with some combi's if a shower is connected and somebody runs a hot tap it can make the shower run scalding hot or freezing cold.

I was just asking for a little extra advice on here that this boiler would be ok as told by the plumber who looked at the property. I am not saying I do not trust him but who can we trust when somebody's on the profit ?

Could the steam room start playing up if in it and somebody is running hot tap down ?

It does not sound to me as if you "know" this plumber in the sense of know him as a person and a friend.

You clearly do not trust him at all and prefer to ask faceless and in most cases anonymous people on a forum.

It seems you only called him for free advice! When talking to someone who has a vested interest in making say £1000 out of working for you then you might get biased information from him.

I dont see how a combi with a heating flow temperature of 75 C can ever produce steam!

Tony

It does not sound to me as if you "know" this plumber in the sense of know him as a person and a friend.

You clearly do not trust him at all and prefer to ask faceless and in most cases anonymous people on a forum.

It seems you only called him for free advice! When talking to someone who has a vested interest in making say £1000 out of working for you then you might get biased information from him.

I dont see how a combi with a heating flow temperature of 75 C can ever produce steam!

Tony

Yes I called him for advice and have another quote today of another plumber. I came here to put what advice I was given to yous to check on. Anyone's information could be biased and at end of day, I have to make a decision and pay for it so checking someone advice on a forum does no harm and costs nothing.

The boiler does not generate the seam the steam enclosure has a hot and cold feed with a steam generator in it.

OP ignore Agile he has very limited Knowledge and doesnt even know how to fit a sink .

A28KW combi is more than big enough for your heating needs .
Its hotwater delivery is usually around the12.5 litres a min at a 35 degree temp rise.
And usualy will not supply 2 hot outlets at one time and depending on your incoming pressure a cold tap being turned on can affect the running hot tap.

The steam side of shower cubicle wont be affected but if its cabinet with shower/bodyjets then a tap turned on elsewhere will more than likely affect performance.

If it was a shower with body jets then very carefully check the hot water flow requirements.

A combi boiler is more suited for a small flat with one or two people.

A house is better served by a stored hot water system, ideally an unvented cylinder if the dynamic flow rate is adequate. Normally 22 li/min @ 1.5 Bar

Tony

Mine is a combi servicing a 3 bed semi, sometimes three occupants, other times 4. :rolleyes:

Yeah, facile remark from Agile. A combi works perfectly well in a house with multiple people and the hot water never runs out as it does with a cylinder. The big proviso is that you shouldn't expect to be using multiple hot water sources at the same time. So you can run a shower for an hour as person after person uses it, but two showers at once won't ever be good. In fact I'd suggest that two showers at once just won't work off a 28kW boiler, although obviously you can get two pathetic dribbles going at the same time. Towards the end of winter, a 28kW combi can even struggle to run one high flow shower properly. Size your boiler properly for the shower you want.

OP ignore Agile he has very limited Knowledge and doesnt even know how to fit a sink .

A28KW combi is more than big enough for your heating needs .
Its hotwater delivery is usually around the12.5 litres a min at a 35 degree temp rise.
And usualy will not supply 2 hot outlets at one time and depending on your incoming pressure a cold tap being turned on can affect the running hot tap.

The steam side of shower cubicle wont be affected but if its cabinet with shower/bodyjets then a tap turned on elsewhere will more than likely affect performance.

Thanks for advice. the cabinet does actually have a shower and bodyjets in. What is the way that if a hot water tap is turned on that it will not affect the performance ? A 33KW boiler ?

Thanks

A hot water ctorage cylinder!

You can also have a combi serving say one bathroom or the kitchen and a cylinder serving the rest.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back