Advice on concealed cistern installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a new bathroom installed and would like to save space (and avoid building a box) by using one of these: https://www.livinghouse.co.uk/acatalog/super-slim-concealed-cisterns-for-masonry-walls.html

The WC will be wall-hung and according to the product spec, only 9cm is needed which means the cistern can fit in the wall cavity.

I am in London and have had to do maintenance on the cistern a few times over the years, probably because of the very hard water here. Apparently access for these is done through the small push-button panel. I am wondering, for those who do this stuff professionally, is that a reliable system? Is the flush powerful enough? Do the push-buttons break?

If the small access panel is not sufficient, how would you go about designing access for future maintenance?

I am planning to tile the walls around the WC with 30x90cm tiles. Maybe a large removable panel would be needed?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
IMG_20180917_163315642.jpg
I fitted one, there is no point making a bigger access hatch - all you will access is the plastic front of the cistern. The only thing I found hard to reach was the stop tap (blue/brass) where you have to put your hand through the access panel and out the top. I piped it up in a continuous length of 10mm plastic pipe so I had no hidden joints in the wall.
IMG_20180920_121729325.jpg

It's covered with 6mm cement board glued and screwed to the wall and tiled over.
IMG_5963[2970].JPG

View attachment 162956 I fitted one, there is no point making a bigger access hatch - all you will access is the plastic front of the cistern. The only thing I found hard to reach was the stop tap (blue/brass) where you have to put your hand through the access panel and out the top. I piped it up in a continuous length of 10mm plastic pipe so I had no hidden joints in the wall.
View attachment 162957

It's covered with 6mm cement board glued and screwed to the wall and tiled over.View attachment 162958
Nice job.

Thanks, but I guess the only way to know is when there actually is a problem that needs fixing.
Like what happens if there is a leak?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I guess the only way to know is when there actually is a problem that needs fixing.
Like what happens if there is a leak?

I wondered about that, and how would you access the syphon? :eek:

Everything is designed to be accessable and replaceable from the hole in the front - it takes about 30 seconds to remove the flush plate and bracket. The cistern to flush pipe connection is designed in a way that it can't leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back