Advice on Demolition hammer use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Would a demolition hammer be suitable for cutting a trench through a concrete slab ? I need to trench about 8'' wide for about 2M inorder to run a duct . I had a test run of using a diamond blade on a grinder, on my outside path ( this too needs a trough) but had to abandon due to dust going all over the road/neighbouring properties.
Would the demolition hammer with a pointed bit cut a reasonable channel or will it cause massive damage to slab ?

Sponsored Links
Cutting a trench with the grinder and diamond blade will do the best job and you just need to get a hosepipe trickling a stream of water onto the blade as you cut which will keep all the dust down. You can hire the disc cutter with the attachment from a hire shop if that is better for you but that option will work well.

It would likely shatter the slab.
Proper tool for job.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.png
    IMG_1583.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
Would the demolition hammer with a pointed bit cut a reasonable channel or will it cause massive damage to slab ?
'Damage' is their middle name.

All depends how thick the slab is. You'll need to start a lot wider than 8" if the slab is thick, in order to maximise the width of breakage, lower in the concrete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back