Advice on Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to replace or revamp my rear garden fence on all sides(3).The existing fence is concrete posts with feather edge panels all around.On one side I need to raise the existing height by about 1 foot, this will bring it to the same height as the other two sides. I like the idea of the horizontal battens type of fence but I've not got a massive budget.

I have thought of using roofing battens, 2inx1inx16ft secured to 4inx2in uprights which are secured to the existing concrete posts but having got a price (£25for 10) this may be above my budget.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what about trellis?
provides screening and is meant to be hated by intruders as it collapses when climbed.
what distance apart are the posts?

I though about trellis but the Mrs doesn't like it. The posts are 6ft apart.

Sponsored Links
I have arched trellis on one side.
I can't really imagine what you do want ? Maybe a hand drawn picture? No point in making something out of untreated timber as it will rot too quickly.
The options are pretty much
Woven hurdle like structures
Trellis that is square/diamond/straight
Brushwood screening fitted to a frame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back