Advice on heat only boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents, I am biting the bullet and removing my not so trusty Glow worm 35f boiler which has given me endless sleepless nights over the years, I would like to replace it with a none complicated cheap equivalent( the property I am placing it in is currently up for sale and I and under no illusion that any new tenant will remove the current heating system in its entirety) I just need a stop gap boiler. The current system supplies hot water & central heating, there is one thermostat in the hallway for the radiators, one on the copper storage cylinder for the hot water, there is also a small header tank in the loft which I believe tops the central heating up? a honeywell divertor valve and the whole system is pump driven. Any advice on what I should be replacing this with would be appreciated.
Regards Otto

Sponsored Links
If you are selling the property and the current boiler is working, why spend money replacing the boiler?

If a prospective purchaser gets a report on the boiler (and very few do) which comments about the efficiency, age or lack of parts etc, and they then ask for a reduction in price, offer something which is less than the cost of a new boiler - say £1000.

Thanks for the response, I should have mentioned that currently, the boiler is not working, having spent over £250 on it over the past 6 weeks its gone on the blink again. And the property is currently occupied.
Regards Otto

Sponsored Links
The OP is a landlord - it's a rental property!

? :?:

ottosump originally said:
the property I am placing it in is currently up for sale
That's a strange way of referring to the house the writer actually lives in, which suggest that he does not live in it, i.e he is the landlord.

and I am under no illusion that any new tenant will remove the current heating system in its entirety.
This proves it!

As an aside, the Landlord is responsible for the heating system! So don't expect a tenant to spend his own money updating the heating system.

If it's open vent, small and heat only, can I add my vote for the Viessmann WB1B Compact? Well made, loads of flue options, good warranty.

Everything easy to get at to repair if it goes wrong - but we haven't had one go wrong yet.

The OP is a landlord - it's a rental property!

? :?:

ottosump originally said:
the property I am placing it in is currently up for sale
That's a strange way of referring to the house the writer actually lives in, which suggest that he does not live in it, i.e he is the landlord.

and I am under no illusion that any new tenant will remove the current heating system in its entirety.
This proves it!

As an aside, the Landlord is responsible for the heating system! So don't expect a tenant to spend his own money updating the heating system.

Well, it is actually a house which I purchased 12 years ago, I moved my daughter in there rent free until she could afford to get on the property ladder 4 years ago, now that she is ready to move out I am selling the property, does that clarify things Poirot?

Well, it is actually a house which I purchased 12 years ago, I moved my daughter in there rent free until she could afford to get on the property ladder 4 years ago, now that she is ready to move out I am selling the property, does that clarify things Poirot?
So why refer to the new owner as a tenant?

So why refer to the new owner as a tenant?

Because the new owner, will own a property which is currently under a 99 year lease, thanks for the boiler advice, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back