Advice on laying 300x600 tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting some tiling on our entrance hall and hallway with some 300x600 tiles, entrance hall is about 10ft wide x 12ft deep, then does a 90 along the hallway which is about 4-5ft wide, what's the best/usual way to lay these sort of tiles around a corner?...do I go across the width of the entrance then continue lengthways down the hall or vice versa or is there a method of "turning" the tiles around the corner which I guess could look a mess if not done right...done loads of searches for possible alternatives but not had much luck.

Sponsored Links
Best method is to set your tiles out.
You need to the centre point of the area, then workout whether you start from the centre line with full tile or half tile (meaning you start with a full tile from the centre line or a full tile evenly across the centre line) This will need to be assessed both on length and width. The pattern you use is personal choice, I tend have tile long edge, going with the long measurement in halls/entrances. And I would not turn the tiles, just go in one direction. When setting out you are trying to avoid any slithers/small cuts at the perimeters of the room/area.
By selective on the adhesive you use, factor in the type of surface you are tiling to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back