Advice on my heating system please

Sponsored Links
Where are the seals? And don't say at the South Pole...

I'll try and take some photos maybe, and post a link to them. Then people can stop guessing and give some sound advice!

yo marra(long time) nice 1...
nbee where the pipes join to the heat exchanger..

Sponsored Links
The pipes join the h/e at the other end. Sounds like a blind, threaded hole has rusted though. Wouldn't be surprised if (eg) high temp silicone would hold it. Or Locktite 151, or Hylomar... On something like this you have to take a view on whether it's reasonable to do something which it doesn't say in the instructions.

BUt Nbee, you'd be wasting yor time just sticking anything on the outside.

That has to be about the most Dangerous boiler I've evry seen.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

doitall said:
That has to be about the most Dangerous boiler I've evry seen.

Fine but please tell me what you advise - remember I'm not an expert, and am trying to get this sorted, and want constructive comments!

Ebay the fan and pcb off yours and scrap them both....its no wonder you dont want to get an engineer in :eek:

Heres a constructive comment:
Wipe the moths from your wallet and PAY for an engineer to sort...
didnt your parents teach u never to play with fire....!!!

I came here for constructive advice on the best solution, but I give up. Not many of you seem capable of it. Snide comments and criticisms don't really help me.

For what it's worth, someone is coming saturday moning. I just wanted some help in deciding the best way forward.

you have had some constructive advice bonny lad

you dont like being told you cant cut corners not me who is dead when the house goes pop

carry on Mcduff

doitall said:
That has to be about the most Dangerous boiler I've every seen.

I think it was bl00dy obvious what I was saying, you should rip the thing out and abandon ship

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back