Advice on new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change my existing boiler due to longstanding issues with my current one which no one can solve (heat exchanger related). I have been recommended either an ideal classic HE or a potterton suprima as they have cast iron heat exchangers.

Have Potterton resolved the issues with the Suprima or are the electronics still dodgy?

Sponsored Links
I look after lots of Suprima HE's and so far they have all been behaving well.

I have also fitted the Classic HE, although the Plumb Center Optia version, identical but a lot cheaper, again no problems with them so far.

Personally though I would go for a s/steel boiler, eg Vaillant or ATAG for quality.

Who in their right mind would recommend an Ideal????!!! Don't bother with a suprima neither, even the 'new' PCBs and electronics are iffy.

I'd recommend a Vaillant

ideal, at least today's models have been voted as worst brand you can buy, and baxi/potterton are rumoured to be in financial trouble.
whoever gave you that advice, don't ever talk to him about anything else than football scores; he certainly knows nothing about boilers

Sponsored Links
whip_crack.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back