Cast Iron or Aluminium Boiler Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am awaiting a quote for a boiler replacement and doing a bit of research myself. I see that some manufacturers offer boilers with cast iron heat exchangers or others with aluminium. The manufacturers blurb implies that cast iron is simpler and based on the fact that my existing potterton 20+ years servant has a cast iron heat exchanger I would be tempted to agree - do aluminium heat exchanger boilers have more issues and what about stainless
Mike

Sponsored Links
there are very few cast iron boilers these days. In my opinion, stainless steel is best.

the few boilers that still use cast iron heat exc' , such as the potterton suprima for example still use a alloy secondary heat exc' , you would be best advised to go for boilers that use stainless steel , if you go into my profile there are some images of an alloy heat exc' , that suffered severe condensate , flue gas corrosion , this heat exc' was approx ' 2 years old & was on a boiler that was constantly condensing approx 16 hrs a day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back