advice on New York trip

Sponsored Links
You will love NY. I went last year and thought it was fantastic. Not sure what the weather will be like when you go but if its reasonably warm, just go and sit in Times Square for a while and just watch the world go by. The seats are free and there are plenty of places to buy food and drinks. Make sure you are there when the all the buildings light up. You will feel safer in NY than you normally do in England.

The SOL can be a bit claustrophobic at We went on a trip round Manhattan on a Circle Line ferry, the guide was very good, breaking into song at appropiate locations
I only managed a trip to IOW .The SOLent and a ferry round the needles...the guide just broke wind :cry:

steer clear of the cess pit, if you must, try bear mountain,

why do I know this?

my wife was born in the bronx,

Sponsored Links
You will love NY. I went last year and thought it was fantastic. Not sure what the weather will be like when you go but if its reasonably warm, just go and sit in Times Square for a while and just watch the world go by. The seats are free and there are plenty of places to buy food and drinks. Make sure you are there when the all the buildings light up. You will feel safer in NY than you normally do in England.

you are right i NEVER feel safe when i go to England :LOL:
PS it is the boss who is going with her sisters, not me

Essential pocket map ! Bus stops and metro stations... As a rough guide Roads are designated as ... 'Avenues' traversing North / South'ish whilst Streets with 'East' in their name traverse East / West'ish on East side of C.Park ...Streets on West side of park have 'West' in their name and have same traverse - See Google Earth.

This is excellent value..
...7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard
Cost: $27, reduced fare $13.50
Good for unlimited subway and local bus rides until midnight, 7 days from day of first use
If there for less than 7 days give away remaining ticket days as tip or part of.
See how to buy (We used a MetroCard Vending Machine at Newark Airport) http://www.mta.info/metrocard/mcgtreng.htm#unlimited

Before ascending Empire state building do the Rockefeller Center tour
The view from 'Top of the Rock' with Empire state Building prominent in centre of shot... Hudson and Liberty in background...
820px-NYC_Top_of_the_Rock_Pano.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Plaza

Nip into Metropolitan Museum on 5th Avenue - Eastern edge of Central Park.
Diners - there may be queues at the best places, could be worth the wait ! - Blimey, what portions !! Unlimited coffee...

Last visit we arrived by ship - fantastic !! New York - New York !!

-0-

To be honest been several times and its just like visiting london . Big city sites to see, theatre visits, museums shopping etc etc ,,3rd visit before i heard a as you would say new york accent.
simple dont go down streets you would not in this country.
Did it once and said to kids when i say run go like the clappers my asse was twitching but was ok in the end

Gasman, sorry that's in reverse, I wish I knew what you were trying to say. :confused:

If you where any sharper you would cut yourself who helped ya work out it was gasman :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back