New Years Eve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's everyone up to tonight?

I toyed with the idea of going out in town but the fact that two of the clubs here are open until 7am actually put me off, because the town centre will end up full of idiots who didn't realise that they should have stopped drinking hours ago!

So I've wangled myself an invite to my friend's parents house party. They're "considerably richer than me" so I'm expecting free champagne and civilised conversation!

Can't beleive that 5 years have passed since the rigmarole of deciding what to do for the millenium. In the end I got fed up of all the hype and went out to a tiny pub in the country. A handful of people and a real log fire, had a lovely night and didn't pay £50 a ticket like I'm sure a lot of fools did who went clubbing.

Anyway, whatever your plans, have a good one and all the best for 2005.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Simon :D

Sponsored Links
unfortunatley i will be doing the same tonight as i have been for the last 16 weeks with my pregnant wife.....watching her be sick after dinner, putting her to bed at about 8.30 then probably going to bed at about 10 to avoid some unknown scotsman on tv trying to convince me that scotland is all about new year in the cold dank drizzle of edinburgh.

Happy new year and best wishes

Thermo

i'm staying coz i've got sinusitus/cold/flu feel like pooh & if i was to go out i don't like the idea of the LOCAL pub that i always drink in charging entry to drink when i drink there every week with no charge.also there's too many drink drivers out there (how come the pub car parks are full of cars?you go to a pub to drink unless someone sober drives)so thats it for me :cry:
happy new year to everyone else :D

Well, for me the millenium New Years Eve was just a house party, ah 2000/2001... I had a great night on the 1999/2000 one though! ;)

Tonight I am heading into Bristol with my bro and some of his chums. For me it is the first year of a few friends with their newly-obtained spouses, plus all my London friends have moved out of London now. :cry:

Sponsored Links
We got a bit fed up of having to plan ahead for the nights events. Nearly all of the pubs locally are ticket only on NYE, so you cant just decide to wander down to the local and have a few pints anymore. I thinks its a bit of a p*ss take that the local pubs charge £10.00 for a ticket. OK so you get a dried sandwich a little bit of a buffet, but years ago the landlord would do this for free for his regulars.

Knackered back at hte moment so no dancing anyhow. Just a night in couple of bottles of wine, nice meal :)

AdamW said:
.............. Tonight I am heading into Bristol with my bro and some of his chums. For me it is the first year of a few friends with their newly-obtained spouses, plus all my London friends have moved out of London now. :cry:

Hope you gave Aqua Sulis a wave as you h(t)urtled past J18 M4 .. oooer ! bit too closer for comfort ;) 8.5 minutes from my abode !!

P

ninebob said:
So I've wangled myself an invite to my friend's parents house party. They're "considerably richer than me" so I'm expecting free champagne and civilised conversation!

Simon :D

Now you tell us, and some people are looking for a venue for the
"DIYNot" meet.

Back