Advice on PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Last year had a rewire and included in that was a spotlight in a downstairs toilet.

I believe the supply comes into a pull cord switch and then onto the spotlight.

Can I add or replace the switch with a PIR. There is no windows in the toilet and therefore we always have to have the light on when its used. My daughters only 3 and so it'll be easy of the light came on on its own.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Would your daughter be terrified if she was sat on the bog, reading a magazine, for instance, and the light turned off, plunging her into darkness? I thought so. Perhaps she'd be just as thrilled if you tied a string onto the switch so she could operate it herself.

This would save energy too. PIRs consumer energy all the time (looking for objects) and the overrun would mean the lights on longer than it needs to be.

Sponsored Links
Would your daughter be terrified if she was sat on the bog, reading a magazine, for instance

Do 3 year olds read magazines while sat on the toilet? :confused:

Maybe a kids book perhaps

51Y27G4GE1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back