Advice on redesigning a small bathroom

Shower screens can be fine you do have to take your time putting them up by the way ridgidraider you ex boot neck? :D :D

Sponsored Links
Lusi, sorry about the delay, the batteries in the camera were gone. Here are the promised pictures. The work is still in progress, so ignore the dust sheet in the bath and the protective film on the panels.

The bottom part of the folded screen

The top part

The screen can unfold either way, here it is over the bath

Unfolded screen

When unfolded, the distance between the screen and the sink is not that big

I don't like cleaning and tiding up either, so put a vanity unit and a toilet with a concealed cistern. The doors and the panel of the toilet cabinet are not in place yet

I didn't put the shower by the sink because the extractor fan is on that wall over the bath (the whole for the duct was already there).

A shaver socket is a standard feature, so I put one although don't need it myself. There is also a towel rail by the other side of the door (opposite the toilet). If you are going to have one and want it to have an electrical heating element, ask you electrician for a quotation for it too.

The only thing I would change if were doing it now, would be the sink. I would rather have something like this - over the whole cabinet.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/vanity-unit-package/invt/199700/

Doesn't matter, my next bathroom will have such a sink ;)

Thanks :D- I haven't seen screens like that before but it looks ideal...really must go around bathroom showrooms and see whats on offer...the whole room looks great - it looks quite spacious ...might be stealing your ideas!

I want a boxed in unit under the sink like that for clutter too...
Our bathroom here (mr bodge-it special - been in for years) has kitchen cupboards with a mixer tap and a bowl sink that completely fits in the counter top ...love the storage but
For anyone else thinking of doing similar - two things to consider (and I always think this when I see these swish designer bathrooms with the his and her counter top bowl sinks - as well who needs 2 sinks to clean? ones more than enough for me!)....
Water will run off the tap handles when you turn them and you get a puddle under the handle (I keep a cloth there to catch the drips - very stylish) -I would always have taps attached to the sink...somewhere for that water to drain...
Secondly how far back it is set -my children couldn't reach the taps even with a stool until they were four or five - had to help with hand washing until they were big enough to climb up and perch on the top...

I like the idea of boxed in cistern but mr bodge-it spoiled that for me a bit ..he moved the old cistern back into the eaves cupboard to conceal it . It had an external overflow and he didn't relocate it...:rolleyes: I didn't know I had a problem until I walked into the room below and the ceiling was hanging down... I replaced it with an internal overflow cistern for a few years - and got another damp patch on the ceiling as it developed a slow leak from the pipe going into the bottom of the cistern - now have a normal close coupled loo that if there are any leaks I can see them before they cause a problem ...will have to look at modern specifically designed as concealed ones - if I can see the leaks on the bathroom floor fine ...if not I'm not having one...
Thanks again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back