Advice on removing Radiator completly from system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have seen lots of posts on removing a radiator permanently from the system but I am not sure if my system is a 2 pipe or 1 pipe system. I want to remove the kitchen radiator completely and take the pipe work back under the floorboards and either cap or join it together.

we have a combi boiler approx. 2 years old when fitted the plumber changed some of the valves for TVR's ( most in fact ) one nearest boiler is not a TVR , the one in the bathroom also was not a TVR and I have since removed that and replaced with a towel rail as needed more space for a bigger shower tray. The kitchen one I want to remove has no TVR's

How do I tell if this needs to be either capped after rad removal or if I need to join the pipes.
This one is the lowest point and has the drain plug I was going to leave that attached as may need to drain in the future. When we had the boiler replaced the system was checked and power flushed it is old (rads and pipes ) if that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated as want to do this at the weekend.
Cliff

Sponsored Links
Follow the two pipes back to where they branch into the main circuit. If they go into two pipes you have a two pipe system. Drain down and cut/cap the leg you dont need as near to the main as possible and leave the other as a drain point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back