Central Heating Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My radiators have not been getting hot for years so decided to do something about it.
The boiler is a Radiant RSF 24/E combination boiler.
Turned off power to boiler, drained each radiator in turn , fitted new bi directional TVR and lockshield valves to 7 radiators
but left the bathroom towel radiator as it was ( no TVR ).
Closed both valves on all radiators.
Went to the radiator nearest the boiler and opened both valves and started to fill system.Bled air out of radiator. Shut both valves and moved on to next radiator.
All radiators were filled, bled then both valves shut off.
Water added to the system via the filling loop as necassary. (1.5 Bar)
Went to first radiator nearest boiler and opened both valves.
Turned on boiler and got first radiator hot and moved onto the next nearest radiator.
The bathroom radiator was hot at the same time as the first radiator.
There is no room thermostat in the system but works on the temperature of the returning water.
All radiators were now hot , first time for years.
Three radiators were turned off via the TVR'S.
The system run great for about a week until I topped up the system as the pressure was getting low.
I have hot water at inlet to some radiators but cold/warm at the outlet.
The furthest radiator which was working perfectly has cold/warm at the inlet and the same at the outlet.
At the boiler I have hot water at the flow pipe and warm at the return where as before it was hot.
The boiler indication lights seem to go up in temperature more rapidly and the boiler is not on as long before cutting out.
I still suspect air in the system but when I try to bleed the radiators water comes out straight away.
How long should I try to bleed one radiator even though water comes out straight away ?
Can somebody advise me where I am going wrong ?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the return is partially blocked, I don't know if there is a filter on your boiler, and the system needs, properly,balancing - see FAQs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back