Can these radiators be balanced?

Day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to balance all the radiators in my house and I have read a few FAQ on how to do it but i've run into a problem. Most of the radiators have TVR valves fitted and they are fitted on the outlet pipe and not the inlet pipe. Can such radiators be balanced? I always keep the TVR valves on the highest setting anyway.

Sponsored Links
I always keep the TVR valves on the highest setting anyway.
It's TRV -Thermostatic Radiaor Valve
On the highest setting they're doing absolutely nothing unless you really want to control the temp to something around 30°C.

Balancing is about restricting flow so it makes no difference which end of the rad you do it.

I'm trying to balance all the radiators in my house and I have read a few FAQ on how to do it but i've run into a problem. Most of the radiators have TVR valves fitted and they are fitted on the outlet pipe and not the inlet pipe. Can such radiators be balanced? I always keep the TVR valves on the highest setting anyway.

Read:

Drayton Commissioning Instructions for TRVs

I agree with ChrisR that there is no point having TRVs if you keep them at full on all the time. Presumably you do this because the room(s) do not get hot enough. Provided the rads are the right size and the boiler is up to the job, then balancing should solve the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back