Advice on Trowel and hawk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Wasn't sure if i should post in here of plastering.

I am a very Keen DIY'er who would love to start a career in the trade (i was a chippy in training for 3 years, before i was offered a job in IT that i could not turn down)

Anyway, i am booked on a Plastering course this weekend, i have bought myself some gear:

Marshalltown M1 Aluminium Hawk 13in
MARSHALLTOWN MPB13SSD STAINLESS STEEL PERMASHAPE TROWEL 13 X 5IN
FatMax Snips.
And a Bucket trowel.

Can anyone think of anything else i need, bar buckets etc.

Also, have i bought the right gear?

++++++++++
your duplicate has been removed
Mod
++++++++++

Sponsored Links
See if plastering is for you first its hard to get into from the route you are taking , I would have finished the chippy training if I were you if you feel plastering is for you and are determined you must do more than just a weekend course ask around if anyone needs any help, anyway back to the tools there are lots of things that a spread uses you will need a mixer margin trowels feather edges straight edges good brushes floats more trowels , as for the right tools I myself don't use an aluminium hawk as I think they are detrimental to the trowel but good luck with your course if you need any tips after that come back here

thanks for the feedback, i have done the odd bit of patching up and top coats. I know the ropes of it but just need to get my confidence built up and i think ill be ok, time will tell ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back