Advice/Opinion on Vaillant Boiler and System

Sponsored Links
Was it definately a Vaillant direct labour engineer and not a D&G subbie

Was it definately a Vaillant direct labour engineer and not a D&G subbie

I would guess it was a D+G Subbie.

The reading on the boiler last night, when in use was 3.1.

Obviously, I need to get this sorted but do I go back to Vaillant and tell them that the boiler is broken? Surely, I have to fix the pressure on the boiler before I can book in a powerflush.

Or do I book the powerflush first and then get back on to Vaillant?

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt worry too much about a powerflush just yet, contact Vaillant and tell them you want a direct labour employee, dont take no for an answer, it might need a powerflush, but to be honest so many cowboys just pull that one to get out of the house, whether it does or doesnt need a PF he should still have sorted the expansion vessel, that is what you are paying for

I wouldnt worry too much about a powerflush just yet, contact Vaillant and tell them you want a direct labour employee, dont take no for an answer, it might need a powerflush, but to be honest so many cowboys just pull that one to get out of the house, whether it does or doesnt need a PF he should still have sorted the expansion vessel, that is what you are paying for

Thank you so much.

Hi

Here's an update. Different Engineer came out today - he changed the expansion valve. The radiators are fine now and the house is toasty. The engineer took a sample of the radiator water. He said he thinks it will fail. Not sure what he is talking about as I wasn't there. I guess he is going to say the water is dirty and needs a power flush. There is a magnaflow on the system and the boiler's annual service is due in February.

Should I wait until the annual service is done before booking a power-flush?

The longer it is left, the more it will deteriorate, but the present weather is not a good time to be doing without your heating system. Only a poorly maintained system normally needs a power flush, where inhibitor is omitted or allowed to dilute to the point where it is useless.

You might even be able to DIY a clean-out of your system, by taking the radiators out one at a time and giving them a good flush through with a hose pipe outdoors.

What ever you decide, ensure the system has inhibitor added once it is all completed - that is crucial. The inhibitor is to prevent your radiators rusting from the inside and the resultant scale blocking your system and the boiler. Inhibitor is dirt cheap, compared to the cost of the damage lack of the inhibitor can cause.

Hi

Here's an update. Different Engineer came out today - he changed the expansion valve. The radiators are fine now and the house is toasty. The engineer took a sample of the radiator water. He said he thinks it will fail. Not sure what he is talking about as I wasn't there. I guess he is going to say the water is dirty and needs a power flush. There is a magnaflow on the system and the boiler's annual service is due in February.

Should I wait until the annual service is done before booking a power-flush?

Don't necessarily fall for what the engineer has said.

Remember he has to try and back up his colleague.

You already have a magnetic filter, this should be emptied at each service.

As you have been losing and topping up water, I would advise that you install some more inhibitor into the system, but I doubt you do in fact need a power flush especially as the system is now working and fine and heating up appropriately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back