Advice please! - painting a wooden vaulted ceiling to match painted brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I've just finished exposing an interior brick wall and cladding my attic ceiling in wood:

36518346573_f9ffccb609_b.jpg

I'm using Wickes brilliant white masonry paint on the brick (which is really good), but also want to paint all the wood white - the cladding and the rafters. I'm looking for advice on what paint to use on the wood.

Could i just use the same masonry paint? I've done the window frame (top) that's embedded in the brick with it, and it sticks well and covers with one coat, and the wood I've used on the roof is a similar rough texture. It would also ensure a perfect colour match.

Any advice would be amazing :)

Thanks,

Felix

Sponsored Links
Why don't you use some paint designed for painting timber? I once made the mistake of painting a wall with toothpaste, now I always use an appropriate paint for the surface.

Well that's what I'm asking advice on.

Most timber paints I've seen are for outdoors, and this will be indoors in an area that will never really be touched. So I don't want to splash out hundred of pounds on cuprinol garden white fence paint, when I could get away with trade emulsion (for example).

I also don't want to do the whole thing in interior oil-based stuff that will form stalactites and take weeks to dry properly.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I recently painted some rough sawn wood with Acrylic wall paint... an old can sat around (Johnstone's)... I was surprised the finish was good, especially on coat number 2, they were ceiling joists, it looked quite Skandi, when I'd done.

What's with the Astro-turf hidey hole?:D

Good effort!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back