Advice please Vaillant system boiler + unistor or 937HE Comb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Help & advice required/appreciated.
Have old Alpha combi needs replacing along with lots of other home improvements....
Feel drawn to Vaillant products but unsure about whether I need to have 618/624 system boiler plus 180? unistor or whether the 937HE combi would be adequate (and cheaper to install & run etc)
Will be required to cope with family bathroom (bath & shower in it) and an additional ensuite shower room. Planning on relocating the boiler (and/or cylinder) into loft area.
Advice please about which is the more suitable solution, pros & cons etc.
Also any ideas on what this should cost to have installed (South West GL12 area)
Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Only the unistor will just about run both bathrooms properly. But 180 is not a lot of stored water.

I would be inclined to suggest a standard combi to run the shower AND an unvented to run the bathroom. But it all depends on the number of people and which you use most. No point in a massive cylinder for a guest room only used one day a year.

I recommend stored water at 50 li + 50 li per person up to 300 litres cylinder size. Above that it all depends on the number of bathrooms etc.

Tony

Personally I would recommend the system boiler and at least a 210 litre Unistor.

Hi again, thanks for the first couple of responses.
Just to clarify.
4 bed house occupied by 2 adults and 2 girls (only 4 & 2 now but I'm trying to think ahead, & yes everything is or soon will be pink).

the main bathroom will have bath (which I would expect to be used less in future) and a standalone shower (not electric).
the ensuite bathroom is for main bedroom not an occasional guest room and will have shower (not electric) but no bath.

I'm trying to get a balance between not spending any more than I have to now, most economical running costs (of course whatever I do is going to be a massive improvement on current combi), and having the right arrangement in place so that we can happily have 2 showers running simultaneously etc.

So should I really only be considering one of their system boilers with an appropriately sized unistor and not the ecotec plus 937.

How would installations costs compare, can somone give me a rough idea on how much to expect. New installation to be in the loft area, against one of the original gable end walls and can be pretty much in the centre of the house as it is now as it was extended to one side about 30yrs ago. (I know i need to have sufficient boarded area, perm lighting etc)

Look forward to more views/ideas/info/help.
Thanks very much, Lisa

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion. Haven't heard of this brand, isn't the product you're suggesting much the same as the vaillant 937He though?

The rinnai will walk all over the Vaillant 937 in every aspect, especially the quality and reliability ;)

agree, much more fine control of hot water temp then any other make as well

OK, I'm interested to know more...
Would I be right in thinking the infinity 26i is what you guys (i presume) are suggesting?
What kind of money am I looking at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back