Advice Please?

nozzer, sorry for the bad experience, it doesn't look good.

I can think of 2 options to disguise the corner - a shelving unit as you suggested or you can probably take off the thin strip of tiles and replace it with a decorative strip - mosaic tiles or chrome coloured tile strip and make a feature of it.

I personally if the finances allow would take the whole wall off and retile because the window is the first thing you see entering the bathroom and it is really annoying to have the tiles around not centred.

Sponsored Links
99.999%of corners are straight anyway.

Wow! please get me a job on the sites you work on!!!!

To the OP, it looks from the photos that the tiler hasnt set out properly, and has gone full tile from the LH of the window, and realised his mistake later on. Believe me when I tell you it would have been easier to set out properly than to do them "rips".

Rather than take the whole lot down, can you not learn to live with it?

Failing that, id go over the top of them rather than ripping tiles down.

Sorry you got mugged off, theres plenty of dodgy tilers around, I know, I used to run a firm employing 40 fixers. Id advise anyone to ask for references and not go on the best/cheapest price.

I think its looking that way :cry:

The more i look, the more i keep picking up points. What a waste of cash!

The silicone sealant is shocking around the bath, no access to underneath, floor tiles not fixed or grouted correctly, some of the cuts around the ceiling are :eek: Im starting to think he,s used a breadknife for the cuts. It gets worse the more i look at it.

I,ll have a think over the next few days, shut the door and go back in on Sunday. But im afraid you might be right, it may be better to just strip the lot back and start again.

nozzer, sorry for the bad experience, it doesn't look good.

I can think of 2 options to disguise the corner - a shelving unit as you suggested or you can probably take off the thin strip of tiles and replace it with a decorative strip - mosaic tiles or chrome coloured tile strip and make a feature of it.

I personally if the finances allow would take the whole wall off and retile because the window is the first thing you see entering the bathroom and it is really annoying to have the tiles around not centred.

The finances would allow it, its the principle and the cost of the tiles in the first place. I know what you mean about when you walk straight in and it just doesnt look right. I spent 10 years in the Grenadier Guards, so you can imagine how much it winds me up every time i look :mad:

Right then, thats the plan, take the bath panel off and that wall. Re-tile that wall again. Skirting off and on again in the right place, flooring probably taken up, hopefully salvageable and relay with the correct adhesive and grout, make an access for the bath panel and re-so the tiles on there, take the tiles off that look like they have been cut by a sheep and finally a drive to his house.

Sponsored Links
Good luck! Post pictures when it is done properly. The overall design is very good, would be interesting to see the final result.

Op, is the tiler unobtainable just for you? You could entice him via a friend phoning for a quote.

I feel that ideally you would like to ask him a few questions :eek:

as he used any trim around the window? it doesnt look like it, unless you stated you didnt want any around the window.

Also, personally I'm not too keen on how he's notched the tile around the radiator tails. Being a plumber, I'd have taken the rad off and drilled a hole in the tile.

Do pro tilers do this too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back