Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I am trying to tile around my kitchen window. After my first attempt using a Mapi Tile & Grout product, I have decided to start again as half the tiles still completely loose overnight.
I suspect maybe I did not use enough adhesive (or this stuff is rubbish like the guy in the sticky says)? also, the walls are not completely flat.

As you can see in the photos now the bare plaster is showing do I need to use PVA?
I have a pot of Ever Build 701 tile adhesive this says to use PVA. ( I have also read reviews that this adhesive can have lumps in it).

Basically I don't want to waste any more money if this adhesive turns out to be rubbish I will have wasted money on it and the PVA.

The only alternative I can see is to buy some powdered adhesive (but even these seem to be without issue people say they set to fast).

So for now if I go ahead and use the Ever Build Adhesive do I really need PVA?

Photos here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjIDsSnZk6RutxcZS6V8FVUKpHuo?e=9qE4MT

Sponsored Links
Normally should be straightforward, check you have removed any dust from the back of the tile and wall, a damp cloth will help. you need to follow the directions for the depth of notch tool to use.
Fit tiles with a slight twist, work quickly do not leave the adhesive to form a skin before fitting the tile.
I am assuming the adhesive is new.

Normally should be straightforward, check you have removed any dust from the back of the tile and wall, a damp cloth will help. you need to follow the directions for the depth of notch tool to use.
Fit tiles with a slight twist, work quickly do not leave the adhesive to form a skin before fitting the tile.
I am assuming the adhesive is new.
Yes it is new ok thanks for tips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back