Do I Need to use PVA on the Plywood in my B-Room, b4 Tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Do i need to put anything like PVA or owt like that over the plywood on my bathroom floor beofre i tile the floor??

Currently, have 20mm high quality plyboard over the existing floorboards. Floor is rocksolid!

Have powder adhesive, waterproof, and ultra flexible, for the floor tiles.

Do i just use the adhesive or coat the ply before putting the adhesive on???

Thanks, in advance.

Sponsored Links
Nope, no need to PVA.

You might want to mop it and let it dry if it's dusty but that's about it for preparation. Your choice of adhesive sounds spot on.

gcol,
I thought you would have jumped on the DONT USE PVA AS PRIMER IN WET AREAS. I know this because I have read many many previous posts on the subject and in one you give an excelent science lesson on how adhesive works at a microscopic level. :D .
OP if you search for this thread you will completely understand.

Sponsored Links
gcol,
I thought you would have jumped on the DONT USE PVA AS PRIMER IN WET AREAS. I know this because I have read many many previous posts on the subject and in one you give an excelent science lesson on how adhesive works at a microscopic level. :D .
OP if you search for this thread you will completely understand.
Really?! :eek: Must have been pished that night - have you got a link? ;)

Everyone keeps banging on about PVA as a primer but its simple science. PVA will act as a sealant and wont allow any adhesion. Good for paper maché though ;)

Sorry gcol have looked for the post and it was not yourself it was Moz's mate Mudster. Sorry I mis quoted you. :D . Any way here is the link if anyone wants to read it.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=603005#603005
By the way my search for PVA in the tiling forum came back with 174 hits. Popular question isn't it. In fact when I went to my local tile shed for BAL APD for my bathroom he said they don't stock it but I could use PVA :eek: :eek: :eek: luckily because I read so many posts on here I did not use it and went to tops for APD. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back