Advice re driving in post anchors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a wooden gazebo kit which is 2.4m square. It comes with drive-in post anchors. I am habving trouble loading the image but it is the right hand photo on the link below. The blade part of the anchor is 45cm (although the photo is a bit stretched so it appears much longer).

http://thehomeandgardensite.co.uk/e...bca5-4954-4f68-8b7e-47f5020142bd/Categories/5

The anchors are 95mm and I am having trouble finding a drive-in tool to fit this size, does anyone know where I can get one? The plan is for the gazebo anchors to go straight into earth so not cemented in. Does anyone have any tips for the best way to do this given the depth needed, any particular type of mallet, assuming I can get a drive-in tool to fit. Also, are there any tips for ensuring they go in straight and precise (needs to be 2.4m square) other than to measure and measure again.

Grateful for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
drive-in post spikes are very unsatisfactory. They will twist and lean. I seriously recommend that you bin them, and cast concrete pads that you can bolt or cast supports into.

To protect the wooden post from damp and rot, raise the top of the pad about 100m above the ground. You can make it look neat with wooden formwork so that only a small square pad shows above the ground, even though the hole you dug might be large and irregular.

You can paint the top of the pad, and the steel support, to blend in with the timber. I use dark brown.

You can always cut a sacrificial post to 300mm or so, fit it into the anchor and drive it into the ground. Remove when done and move onto the next one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back