Advice sought fitting decking to an uneven concrete surface.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help..I am very much a novice, but am reasonably keen. I am thinking about utilising my backyard space more by adding decking. However space slopes downwards to the back gate and where historically there would have been a grass area has been filled by pouring concrete into it. Is there a way of levelling the concreted area by using decking?

Sponsored Links
undoubtably the answer is yes - you can add decking but there are a few more questions that people on here will need answers to. As an example how big an area are you thinking of? How high will the decking be off the ground in an ideal world (this is important as in some situations/heights you may need planning permission), does the decking encroach onto a boundary or public highway, will the decking allow you to see into another house or garden due to its height etc

A picture paints a thousand words so if you can upload photos using the 'images' button you will see on the screen when you create or reply to a post it will help immensely.

Also have a trawl through the forums as similar questions have been asked before. //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91751 is a good start but your photos will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back