Advice sought re making roof tiles look decent again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for reading this, first of all.

I just wondered whether someone could point me in the right direction? Basically, my father died quite recently and I'll be readying my mother's house for sale in the next few months. The house is in reasonably good nick, but the roof tiles look pretty tired—they don't need replacing so much as having some kind of 'cosmetic/superficial' enhancement: the tiles are likely to be around 40 years old and in that time a lot of white 'mould' patches as well as large areas of moss have adhered themselves to the tiles; the result is that they make the house, not just the tiles, look very tired.

Without replacing tiles (which is an expense too far), does anyone know whether there is a way, or a service, which can clean the tiles and give them a 'facelift' which actually makes them look massively better?

Any advice at all would be extremely appreciated!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not much help to you as it appears you are in London and I'm in the midlands but I did see three guys manually scrapping and cleaning a roof recently. I was on my own job for about four hours and in that time they had cleaned around half of one slope of what I would say was a three bed house tiled with concrete pan tiles. At that rate it would take around two full days for the three of them to do the house. The part that was done did look a lot better.
One thing I would say is steer away from anyone offering to jet wash it.

Not much help to you as it appears you are in London and I'm in the midlands but I did see three guys manually scrapping and cleaning a roof recently. I was on my own job for about four hours and in that time they had cleaned around half of one slope of what I would say was a three bed house tiled with concrete pan tiles. At that rate it would take around two full days for the three of them to do the house. The part that was done did look a lot better.
One thing I would say is steer away from anyone offering to jet wash it.

Many thanks, Ladylola! That gives me a few ideas for sure. Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back