Advice

I

Igorian

About a year ago, we had new windows and doors fitted and have had a few problems, which we thought were resolved.

The windows seem ok, but the patio doors have been a problem. This weekend, during the rain, water poured through the top of the doors, causing some minor damage to the flooring. I had a look at the outside of the doors and remove the top facia. I was surprised to find a 3 inch gap between the top of the door and the lintel.

I also removed the bottom facia. The Patio doors appear to be sitting on several small blocks of chipboard and filled in with about 2 inches of foam.

Given that they installed both the lintel and doors, do you think that this gap is acceptable? I would haver thought they could have made the windows fit better.

Is this the norm when fitting doors, or have they made a bad job. I'll send some photos later.

Sponsored Links
It's most definitely a bad job, part of the don't care attitude I just want the money. I would now be checking all the windows that were installed, contact a building professional and make a case against this company, if that's possible. Any job done should be fit for purpose and this doesn't sound like it ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back