Advise for bleeding hard to bleed radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two new radiators which I am finding hard to bleed effectively.

The first has long horizontal bars, connected by a vertical bar at either end. The problem I had the first time I filled it was that air was being trapped in the some of the horizontal bars. I've overcome 90% of the problem by taking out the pressure from the rad, and removing the caps from the top, and then lifting up one end and giving the radiator a shake (lots of bubbles emerged). Most of the air came out, and I filled the radiator gradually. It's now much better, but still there are a couple of the bars which are still cold. Should I just keep trying what I was doing or is there an easier method?

The second has long vertical bars, with horizontal bars at the top and bottom. It filled fine, but when running, there is a constant sound of cascading water inside the radiator. I think it's because the top horizontal bar is in line with the bleeding valve, and so that part of the radiator is not being bled very effectively. Is this right? Any ideas how to get rid of the last of the air in the radiator?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back