advise help needed for wireless alarm

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I will be grateful for any advise/help for recommending make and model of wireless alarm that i am in need of to cover the following.
1.Front wooden door 2. Double glazed sliding patio door at the back.
I would prefer if possible to alarm the house when at home in the night so if the front door or the patio has been tampered with?
b. Is it possible to get 2 siren boxes and be part of the same kit? can one box be place with neighbour say 25meter away?
c. Is it possible to get 2 key fobs?
thanking you in advance any other information will be appreciated as alarms not my forte.

Sponsored Links
Why have you decided to use a wireless system ?

A wired system is not as easy to install but does have reliable two way communication between sensors, panel and sirens.

Wired systems are immune to external interference, blocking and intentional jamming all of which can render a wireless system in-effective as the sensors cannot inform the panel or siren they have detected an intruder.

Wireless systems have make a compromise between reliability and battery life and manufacturing costs. In almost all systems precludes the use of two way communication as the sensor would have to have a receiver as well as a transmitter and the receiver would be using battery power.

Some wireless systems react to persistant blocking or jamming by going into alarm state. This appears to be a false alarm as no intruders were involved.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
As above a wired is the first choice.
Failing that then Visonic will do the job required, it can do the setting and have two or more sirens on the system which are two way reporting. Far safer than what certain DIY stores and others supply.
The latest Visonic are "agile" and frequency hop for a safer system.

But wired is better and maybe a wireless sounder to the other property is the better solution. Or a dialler to call them.

Feel free to ask more.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back